Wired – Warrington’s Carers Centre
Adults Carers Service provides a focal point for carers in Warrington and gives carers a chance to influence local services for carers.
- Drop-in venues throughout the borough
- Information on the help and support available to carers
- A signposting and referral service
- The opportunity to talk confidentially with a carer support worker
- Gp Liaison & Hospital Discharge Service
- Free Counselling
- Free Emergency Card
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Therapy sessions
- Carers awareness training
- A range of social events
Wired work to support Young Carers in Warrington by:
- Providing Young Carers with one:one emotional support. This can take place at a location of the Young Carers choice e.g. home, school or somewhere else
- Advocacy – ensuring Young Carers voices are heard and that their views, wishes, issues and feelings are taken into consideration in matters or decisions that affect their lives
- Support in meetings e.g. Family Support, Children in Need, Child Protection and school meetings
- Liaising with schools so that teachers can better suppot their students
- Consultation with Young Carers to shape the service
- Alleviate and reduce inappropriate caring responsibilities by assisting the Young Carer and their family to access additional support
- Weekly drop-ins at various venues accross Warrington. Providing respite from their caring role with an opportunity to meet other Young Carers, access peer support, make friends, try a new activity and have fun!
- Emergency Contact Card providing peace of mind for, and identification of the Young Carer
- Trips and activities
86 Sankey Street, Warrington, WA1 1SG.
Tel: 01925 633492
Freephone: 0800 7316941
You can also visit their website.